- It’s crazy hard not to touch your face.
- On social media, the well-meaning but snide fact-checkers can be as annoying as the panicky people.
- It doesn’t take long for people to turn on one another.
- Most people stay level-headed.
- Governments can and do learn how to respond to crises.
- We have modern communications, public health systems, and medicine.
- Sometimes you just have to cancel your plans.
- When asked to look back to prior outbreaks, people who have lived through them seem to take it all in stride.
- Nobody trusts China.